TAG Kids’ Club: Missionary Teacher
Mission of TAG Kids’ Club
Reach, Ground and Equip third through sixth graders in the Gospel of Jesus Christ in public and private schools across America and around the world, and equip them to share their faith as a way of life.
TAG Kids’ Club (TKC) Missionary Teachers are called by God to:
- Teach children God’s Word.
- Teach children about salvation through Christ Jesus.
- Reach America’s children who have not yet heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Steps to take as a TKC Missionary Teacher:
- Pray about God’s calling upon you to be a TKC Missionary Teacher.
- Enlist several others to pray with and for you.
- Discuss this calling with your pastor.
- Complete the application to become a TKC Missionary Teacher.
- Ask your pastor to complete the Personal Reference Form.
- Complete a face-to-face interview or phone interview with two TKC Board members.
- This step is for those who have not served as a TKC Volunteer Certified Teacher.
- Attend a TKC Leadership Training.
- Begin a local TAG Kids’ Club as a volunteer while completing the steps below. (You can simplify this step by beginning a small TKC within your church during the Sunday School or in a Christian School. The best way to become familiar with the curriculum is to teach it.)
Receive training for Ministry Partner Development (MPD). TKC requires all staff to complete “Support Raising Solutions bootcamp” or online “Kingdom Come Training” for their MPD. Missionary Teacher candidates are expected to pay the fees for their training. If the candidate is unable to pay the fees upfront, TKC may offer a loan for the fees, but will deduct the training fees when your funds are raised and before your monthly salary begins. If the candidate decides to drop out of the program, the candidate is still obligated to repay the loan.
* All TKC Staff and Missionary Teachers raise their own support within the guidelines of TKC. God will supply to those He calls!
Once ministry funds are raised, your monthly salary will begin. You will work toward the goals set forth under “Guidelines for Beginning as a Missionary Teacher.”
Continue to reach the goals set under “Guidelines for Beginning as a Missionary Teacher.”
Guidelines for Beginning as a Missionary Teacher
Semester One: Organize and Begin a TAG Kids’ Club in a local school or church.
- Choose your location: church or school. Receive permission to meet and teach there.
- Invite and select volunteer team leaders. Complete their background checks. Arrange a training meeting with them.
- Seek other volunteers to help with snacks, materials, attendance, transportation (if needed), etc.
- Gather materials for the first few lessons. Assemble room decorations, posters, craft boxes, etc. Materials for later sessions can be gathered on a weekly basis.
- Invite children to attend. Send home permission forms.
- Create your small groups. One volunteer team leader for each 3-4 children.
- Begin teaching lessons.
- In second month of teaching, begin to seek an additional location for next semester. Goal for second semester is two TAG Kids’
- Look for potential TKC volunteers to serve with you as volunteers or Missionary Teachers.
Semester Two: Organize and Implement two (2) TAG Kids’ Clubs in local schools or churches.
- Organize and implement a brief outreach using TAG Kids’ Club Gospel outline, with your junior (older) students as leaders.
- Organize your Semester One TAG Kids’ Clubs and seek others to become Volunteer Leader Teachers or Missionary Teachers.
- Develop a communication network (such as monthly electronic newsletters) with ministry partners, local families and churches.
On-going Missionary Teacher Responsibilities:
- Part-Time TKC Missionary Teachers will continue to reach the goals determined in the above guidelines.
- Full-Time TKC Missionary Teachers will establish additional goals that will multiply the TKC Ministry in their local and regional area.
- Part-Time TAG Kids’ Club (TKC) Missionary Teachers work 10+ hours a week. The allowable compensation salary is $200/week, which is $10,400 per year.
- Full-Time TAG Kids’ Club (TKC) Missionary Teachers work 40+ hours per week. The allowable compensation salary is $800 per week, which is $41,600 annually. (Salary can be adjusted to accommodate cost-of-living and family budget/needs.)
Training and Accountability:
TKC Missionary Teachers will have the counsel of an experienced TKC mentor/leader, working together to accomplish Year One Guidelines.
* If these responsibilities are not carried out, the TKC Missionary Teacher will be placed on a probationary status for one year. If after the year of probation, the semester two and summer tasks still are not accomplished, the TKC Missionary Teacher’s relationship with TKC will be reevaluated by the Board and a recommendation made about continuing or not continuing the relationship between TKC and the TKC Missionary Teacher.
Are you ready to launch your career and passion to serve the Lord?
Not Sure Where to Start?
TAG Kids’ Club™ – Teaching Truth and Grace to America’s Kids – is a biblical ministry whose mission is to Reach, Ground, and Equip 3rd – 6th grade boys and girls in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to teach them how to share the Christian faith as a way of life. We do this by training adults and youth to implement a TAG Kids’ Club in their local schools and by providing them with a powerful twelve-week curriculum lasting one hour per week. Children’s activity books are provided at no cost to the kids or the schools/churches.
Our Focus is on public and private schools across America and around the world. However, TAG Kids’ Clubs are adaptable for use in other venues such as:
- Community Centers
- Childcare locations
TAG Kids’ Club will:
- help you with your Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
- help you develop a financial plan and goals to launch you into the Kingdom’s work God has called you to.
- help you fulfill your calling, bringing honor and glory to the Lord.
- help you launch TKC in your town.
TAG Kids’ Club offers other opportunities to serve as:
- Part-Time or Full-Time State Director for America (Check for position’s availability)